Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Diva Weekend




Ahh Diva Weekend. This is one of those weekends that I long for each year. Why you may ask? Well just imagine this 6 of my best friends all congregated around the concept of talking, laughing and just being with each other. This year on the 9th annual weekend, we were able to enjoy what I would consider the ultimate Diva movie "Sex in the City" as well as a day of total fun. I remember looking down at my 2 rows of friends and thinking-- with how busy our lives are as career women, Mom's, wives, etc.... but we always make this weekend a priority and each year plan months in advance to ensure each member of this amazing group of women can attend-- without one of us there, it's not the same. Imagine these great women as some of your best friends and you will understand:




Becki- Becki can make you laugh at the drop of a hat with her quick wit, but it is her unmatchable devotion to the concept of friendship that really makes her special. She would do anything for anyone of us ( include stand out in 30 mph winds to light a grill so we can eat) without a thought.




Emily-- Emily can suprise you. She is so knowlegable about well just about anything hense her nickname of "Dr. Emily". She always seems to have a new adventure going on in her life. She can be the life of the party but can also be one of the best listeners I have ever met. She is never short of hugs or time just to lend an ear to a friend.




Dawn-- Ah Dawn, talk about adventure. She always has a story to share-- which makes her as a friend exciting. She is also never short on compliments-- genuine compliments I might add. Peple just love her the momemnt they meet her.




Sarah-- Even though Sroe ( Sarah Roe-- get it?) lives in Kansas City we still cherish her friendship as a Diva. She always seems to be laughing or smiling--- even through the worst of times. Her good nature seems to shine through in everything she does and she is a true testament to "never give up on what you want".




Kim-- ahh Kim, the glue that holds us together. I don't know what we would do without you. She has a heart of gold and a sensitivity that is so amazing -- it is unmatchable. She has a "genuine soul" that is so caring and compassionate that it shows in every aspect of her life-- including friendships.




Casey-- Casey's life is never short on drama, however her confident sense of self allows you to believe that she is one of the strongest women alive ( emotionally that is). She is never short of laughter and like Emily--- a true listener, she is ALWAYS there as a shoudler to cry on if need be. She truly doesn't have a mean bone in her body and believes in friendship as a truly special phenomena.




Now after describing these women I bet you are jealous? Yeah I would be too. I am truly lucky to know them and even more lucky to be a part of their lives. On Saturday, sitting in that movie theater looking at these women I can't help but pinch myself at how blessed I am to have them in my life. I love my divas!






No comments: