Well my baby turned 1 on July 18th. In true fashion, we surrounded him with family as he got to experience his first taste of "Happy Birthday dear Nathan". I don't think he really understood what was going on-- other than he got to eat cake. Since Matthew had a football theme for his b-day, Nathan-- my boy of summer and the one born the week of the All Star Game-- had a baseball themed party. I think secretly our theme was a ploy to get him thinking about the concept of playing for the Cubs one day. Yes I said the Cubs-- my Grandmother who was a die hard Cubs fan would come back from the grave if one of her great grandchildren played for them some day. Oh and the weekly viewings of Cubs games at Grandma Kupiecki's house doesn't hurt the cause either. It may happen some day you never know. For now he is still my baby-- who has grown up way too fast in front of my eyes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment