Thursday, May 8, 2008
Going Stir Crazy
Ok I'm officially going stir crazy. Prior to kids I have never gone more than 3 to 6 months without going on a plane to SOMEWHERE... it has been 2 years. I'm going nuts!!! I think it has been the timing of being pregnant, giving birth, school, work, etc. that has prevented me from expanding my wings. Thank god for road trips to Northern Minnesota, Iowa, and Wisconsin otherwise I would seriously be wondering if my urge to travel were gone. I always think about that fact given our master plan we will be retired around the age of 53 and I fully intend on making Mike take me all over the globe.... but why wait? Is it better to do it now while we can still walk faster than those tour trolley's you see at tourist traps? I'm not sure. All I know is that given my lack of school this fall-- I need to go somewhere and as for next year-- a spring trip is a must. Now I just need to convince my husband of this-- maybe if I promise golfing at each destination he will go along with my plan? Maybe it's just my internal need to have more than 12 things going on at one time ( school's done, we bought a house, I'm not pregnant-- what can I do now?) Maybe it's hearing about fabulous trips that people have been going on ( do you know that there is a special out there for $1000 a person for 4 nights +airfare to stay in an Irish castle? Doesn't that sound cool?) Also, I want to boys to know that there is a world beyond the 4 corners of Minnesota, that experiencing new states, new areas is a good idea. Maybe I should change the boys' lullaby from "take me out to ballgame" to "leaving on a jet plane" by the master of all that is folk and frequent guest on the Muppet Show-John Denver. For now I will just settle for getting off this couch and traveling to my "bedroom retreat". Good night and happy trails!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Tomorrow is not promised so travel today!!! And 4 days is not enough to travel anywhere in Europe! Take some TIME OFF GIRLFRIEND!!
Come to Texas girlfriend!
Stange & Marnie
Post a Comment